Saturday, August 14, 2010

Food Distributions

This is outside the church following introductions and prayers.  The people were asked if the food was good and one mama said yes especially if you add oil.  Another man said it is so good.  But somehow it is very strange tasting to them and they will not say.
Names were called and a member of the family came forward to pick up their box.  Many put it on their heads and began to walk home.
This shows you just a small introduction to how many came to collect food.  The people of the village were Christian, Muslim, tribal, non believing and all were welcome to receive. 
Mama invited Ebeneezer and myself to take this picture.  She is filled with joy you can tell by her face.  It is not about the food it is about her life.  She is so joy filled.

I had a great day.  I was sad only because we were given two very large meals.  I did not need to eat at all but it is the custom here that guests must be fed.

The highlight of my day was playing for about an hour with while waiting for food

Ebeneezer and Queen Msigwa.
Ebennezer took most of the pictures for me today.  Fish lips by me.



My devotions for today included scripture from Leviticus 19:34
Treat them as you would an Israelite, and love them as you love yourselves.  Remember that you were once foreigners in the land of Egypt.  I am the Lord you God.

The writer writes:  We should not be afraid to let our light shine for fear of how doing so might affect our lives.  Let us have the faith to trust God in all circumstances and the courage to do our part as we become co-workers with God.  (by Elaine Richardson Western Cape, South Africa)

No comments:

Post a Comment