Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Blessings of the Last Two Days

This is Petro the cook at The Lutheran Center's new baby son.  He was born Monday morning at about 4:00 a.m.  and went home about 11:30 a.m. with his mom.  I was allowed to come with and be part of the celebration.  A chicken is part of it as well as Petro playing Christmas music - a child, a boy, is born.  In this photo he is only 6 hours old and already at home.

This is Veronica from the Huruma Orphanage Center.  Her sister is Lia my buddy at Huruma Center.  Veronica is now Form I and not able because of her age to stay at Huruma center much longer.  She has lived there for the last at least 6 years.  Shepherd of the Valley is sponsoring her to Form I school but she is walking 1.5 km, so I figured the least I could do for Lia's sister is purchase a bike.  I will do that tomorrow.  With me at Huruma Center today - Kirsten from Shepherd of the Valley and Sadron Hyamen the Treasure/Secretary of the partnership in Lulanzi our village.  I know he had not been to the orphanage before today and was touched.  At one point he told Mama Chilwa that next week he will bring the children potatoes and carrots from his farm in Lulanzi.  I had all I could do to keep from crying.  Mama Chilwa gave him the documents needed to accept children from Lulanzi who do not have family.  I had never even considered the concept that there are children in Lulanzi without family but Sadron explained there are many. 

My heart and eyes continue to be opened wider and wider in this country of amazing love and relationships. 

2 comments:

  1. Amazing .......there are both great needs and great joy in Lulanzi! Anxious to hear first hand about life in Lulanzi. Hurry home, we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to believe that little one is already home. We are dismayed because mothers are let out of the hospital so quickly here and this women has not even had a few hours to recuperate from delivery. It amazes me after seeing how they go through labor. The baby is beautiful and looks quit at peace. Another wonderful act of God.

    ReplyDelete